A website firewall is a security tool that filters and monitors the incoming and outgoing traffic on a website, protecting it from various cyber threats, such as malware, hacking attempts, DDoS attacks, and other types of cyberattacks. A website firewall analyzes the traffic and blocks malicious requests while allowing legitimate traffic.
You need a website firewall for several reasons, including:
- Protection against malware: A website firewall can block malware attacks and prevent hackers from exploiting vulnerabilities on your website.
- Improved website performance: By blocking unwanted traffic, a website firewall can improve the speed and performance of your website.
- Compliance with regulations: Many regulatory bodies, such as PCI-DSS and HIPAA, require websites to have a firewall in place.
- Enhanced server security: A website firewall can help secure your web server by blocking unwanted traffic and preventing unauthorized access.
- Protection against DDoS attacks: A website firewall can protect your website from DDoS attacks by filtering out traffic from malicious sources.
- Real-Time Monitoring: A firewall monitors your website for suspicious activity, alerting you to potential threats and vulnerabilities. It helps you stay on top of security issues and take action quickly to prevent damage.